Looking for a great photo prop for your little ones? Or a soft cuddly blanket to snuggle up with during those cold fall and winter days/nights? You’ve found it!
Who doesn’t want a soft, bulky, crocheted mermaid blanket? Perfect to cozy up with on the couch. It is designed to cocoon around the calves and feet. I first made these as newborn photo props, then for infants and toddlers. Now, I seem to make as many for adults as for kiddos!
My Crocheted Mermaid Blanket made in two parts: body and tail, and then joined. The stitch has the appearance of scales and the tail is ribbed.
Crocheted Mermaid Blankets Are Super Popular
I’ve lost track of how many colors I’ve made! My favorites are the variegates, especially the aqua-blue-purple and the pink-fuscia-purple. They just look more mermaid-y to me. I also like the way this stitch looks in a variegated yarn where the color changes every couple of inches.
Feedback has a race between adult little girls and kiddo little girls when it comes to who likes them best. 🙂
100% of Crocheted Mermaid Blanket Sales benefit South Pacific County Humane Society.
The Crocheted Mermaid Blanket can be made in different sizes such as:
- 0-6 Month Infant: finished length of 19″ width of 16″
- 6-12 Month Infant: finished length of 23″ width of 19″
- 12-18 Month Infant: finished length of 29″ width of 19″
- Preschool Kiddo: finished length (not including fin) 34″ and width of 29″
- Kiddo: finished length (not including fin) 42″ and width of 34″
- Adult: finished length (not including fin) 51″ and width of 35″
The Crocheted Mermaid Blanket takes about 3-4 weeks on average (depending on other crochet orders at the time of purchase). If you have a specific deadline, be sure to let BJ know. She’ll work with you to be sure delivery happens on schedule.